Position Available: IT Network Support Field Application Engineer (FAE) (Experienced)
The successful candidate will be based at the company’s head office in Bromhof, Randburg, Gauteng.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide technical sales support, consulting and problem-solving solutions for customers based on our full range of products travelling to site when necessary (travelling allowance provided).
- Networking, switching, VLAN’s, Fibre, VPN’s and IoT, firewalls and cyber security: Identify hardware and software issues, provide solutions, troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repairs (installation, configuration & deployment).
- SAT and FAT product testing and technical support cases (installation/configuration).
- Provide and facilitate technical training when/where necessary.
- Provide proficient reporting (case study solutions etc.)
- RMA product testing and troubleshooting.
- Time and project management.
- Manage additional assignments/projects as the company requires to achieve strategic objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS & NECESSARY EXPERIENCE
- BTech Diploma IT / or relatable diploma (mechatronics, etc.) / N6
- Min 4-5 years’ experience in IT tech support networking & field application experience (references).
- CCNA (CISCO) Layer 2 / Layer 3
- CompTIA A+, N+, S+
- C+, C++ Knowledge (advantageous).
- Linux (advantageous)
- Proficient at Microsoft & Windows
- Solid understanding of & working experience in Networking, Wi-Fi, IoT (LAN and WAN), switching, VLAN’s, Fibre, VPN’s and IoT, firewalls, and cyber security:
- ECSA Membership (advantageous)
NECESSARY SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Competent in identifying hardware and software issues, provide & record solutions, reporting, troubleshooting, diagnosis, & repairs (installation, configuration & deployment).
- Design, support & implement IT infrastructure (knowledge of PLC programming and SCADA development advantageous)
- Excellent Communication skills, problem Solving, Reporting, Time, and Project Management Skills (planning & reporting). Innovative, motivated, service and solutions-driven, fast learner and a passion for IT!
- Willing to travel. Own vehicle. Valid SA ID
- Resides within 10km or be prepared to travel/move closer.
PACKAGE & REMUNERATION
Remuneration will be discussed during the interview process. It is negotiable based on skills, work experience & ability to do the job. INCLUDES:
- Business tools provided (e.g., company cell phone, laptop)
- Training is provided where necessary.
- Medical Aid subsidy
- Travel Allowance
1). Complete and pass the ONLINE QUIZ: This is a ClassMarker Test (80% is a pass)
When you are ready go to: https://www.classmarker.com/online-test/start/?quiz=jvy64c7d62a06c34
- You have 15 minutes.
- You may not “pause”, go back to check/edit answers, and you may not repeat the test.
2). On passing, request & complete the “Job Application Form” email:
for Att: HR: firstname.lastname@example.org Ref: “FAE Tech Support”
Include all necessary information & attach supporting documentation: e.g. latest CV, certified S.A. ID, necessary qualifications (under “Qualifications”), relevant Work Experience provide references (manager, HR names & contacts), 2 x recent payslips.
NB: Only candidates who have passed the necessary tests and completed the “Job Application Form” in full, providing all necessary supporting documentation and information, may be processed, and considered for interviews. Remuneration is negotiated during the interview process; any offers will be reduced to writing. Terms and Conditions apply. The company may retract this advert and position for any reason and at any time. If applicants have not received a response after 3 weeks, then assume the application was unsuccessful and kindly refrain from contacting the HO directly.